Friday, October 5, 2012

Veggie Spring Rolls with Ginger dressing, the caucasian way!

So, I decided to channel my inner Asian today and make spring rolls. They aren't very authentic, and I kinda cheated, but I still think my momma would be proud at my initial attempt. And to my defense, I hardly have any time to cook with a 17 month old, so if I have to use pre-packed ingredients, so be it! They taste delicious, and no one at a cocktail party will ever know:)




So all you need is:

Vietnamese Rice paper
A bag of Taylor Farms Asian chopped salad mix (or you can chop cabbage, carrots, green 
onions, and cilantro)
1 pack ginger dressing (comes with salad mix or you can buy in a bottle)
1 pack crispy wontons and sliced almonds (comes with salad mix)
1 Avocado

Directions:
1. Dampen rice paper with warm water. I fill up a bowl with water and dunk the rice paper for about 5 seconds each.
2. Fill rice paper with salad mix, don't forget to include the almonds and wontons
3. Add 2 slices of fresh avocado
4. Roll like a burrito

So easy! And cheap. That bag of salad mix is only $4 and makes about 10 spring rolls! Enjoy!







1 comment: