Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY gallery frame wall

I love gallery frames, I just hate hanging them. I'm such a perfectionist, that it drives me crazy if one is crooked, or not in alignment. No matter how hard I try, it seems like a bit of defection is inevitable. Mine looks pretty good. I promised myself not gonna dwell on the little things.

1). I first bought 10 frames, all the same style, but at least 4 different sizes. I bought one large one, and at least 2 of the same ones in the other sizes.

2). I then traced all the frames onto paper and cut them out to use as templates. I used the templates to rearrange on the wall until I had the desired effect. Using an imaginary box helped with my borders, and painters tape allowed me to easily remove and replace.



3). Once I had the templates in place, I measured the back of the frame to make sure I got the nail in the right place, and then went ahead and hammered the nail right into the paper. The paper is helpful not only as a template, but you can also make marks on it.

4). Remove the paper, and start hanging!


No comments:

Post a Comment