Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Soy glazed crock pot chicken!

So, I've been getting Real Simple magazines in my mailbox. I guess the previous owner had a subsrciption, SCORE!! I love Real Simple mag, it's the best for everything, especially healthy recipes.

Last months edition had numerous recipes for crock pot cooking, including one for soy glazed chicken thighs. Since my parents were coming over for dinner, I thought what the heck, lets give it a whirl. Anything Asian is right up our alley, so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it, mainly because I was lazy and served it on paper plates, so here's the magazines picture. I stuck to the recipe with the regards to the chicken, but only sauteed bok choy on the side due to time restraints!


Ingredients


2 cups rice, brown or white cooked

  • 2 heads baby bok choy or napa cabbage
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil

Add the first 6 ingredients to the crock pot, stir. Add chicken thighs, and toss till they are coated. Cook for 8 hours on LOW. When finished, remove chicken and set aside. Put liquid into a sauce pan and thicken over medium-low heat, 5-6 minutes. Pour over chicken and rice. 

In a frying pan, add 2 tablespoons sesame oil over medium heat. Add cleaned, and chopped bok choy. Saute till wilted, adding a few splashes of soy sauce and black pepper along the way. Takes about 7-10 minutes for the bok choy to be nice and tender.

RESULTS: My mom said, "this is so good," at least 3 different times. My dad asked my mom, "how did she get the chicken so tender?" And Trey told me "this is the best meal you've ever cooked for me!" Thanks Miss Crock Pot (I will soon name you, don't worry).




No comments:

Post a Comment