Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pineapple ginger brown rice!

Tonight I decided to add some pizazz to my brown rice. I'm glad I did, it turned out great! It would be perfect as a side dish, or with a stir fry. I made mine in a rice cooker, but here are instructions for the stove top.


1/2 cup water
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 tbsp fresh ginger
1/2 cup brown rice
3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp sea salt

Bring water, pineapple juice, ginger and brown rice to a boil over med-high heat. Reduce to med-low, cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 12-15 mins. Fluff rice and stir in pineapple, soy, sesame, and salt. Serve.


Here it is with the stir fry I made, recipe to come!


RESULTS: A easy way to spice up a boring, yet nutritious grain. Great with chicken. Also adds complementary flavors to any stir-fry. It's da bomb, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment