Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY Christmas Cards 2011

I love how our Christmas cards came out this year. They look so professional, even though they are so not! After looking through pinterest for ideas, I decided I wanted to do black and white with red highlights. This is what I came up with.

We took our Canon Rebel XSi with our 50mm lens to Town Lake, and started playing around with the setting and lighting. Once I liked what I saw, I asked someone walking by to take this picture of us.




I took the picture home, cropped it, turned it into black and white, and then sent it to my friend who highlighted the bow with saturation in Photoshop. I then added the template on Costco.com, and wa-la, super duper cheap, yet professional looking Christmas cards! 






2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! It's Shanna! Just found your blog through Pinterest! I started to follow you. I love your Christmas cards. You guys look adorable. When you get a second, check out my new blog on affordable fashion & beauty. I miss you!!!

    http://www.becauseshannasaidso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! Loving your Facebook page, will definitely check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete