Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Shrimp, avocado salad by Grandma!

I'm staying with my parents for a few nights while Trey is out of town on business. I'm still freaked out about the attacks on NYE, and it's nice to spend time with them. Fia totally knows both of them now, and really enjoys their company. They make her laugh, a lot. Plus, my mom is an AMAZING cook (ask any of my childhood friends), so thats a major bonus. Her specialty is Vietnamese, but everything she puts her hands on tastes pretty darn good! Tonight she made an avocado, shrimp, brown rice salad she found in Women's Health Magazine. She was super excited for me to try it, since we love exchanging healthy recipes. As usual, it was divine.

I hope these pictures give it justice. Sorry about taking a picture of the actual recipe, I'm feeling lazy tonight. Email me if you can't read it, and I'll send you a typed-out version, but not till tomorrow:)







Here's my mom playing with Fia this morning around 7am. Thank god for Grandmas!


Alright, gotta go, being beckoned by my parents to beat them in rummikub!



No comments:

Post a Comment