Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lentil with carrot and Brown Rice, for baby.

Found this recipe on wholesomebabyfood.com, and decided to make it. I love their recipes, so heathy and hearty. Not too mention, so cheap and easy! These 3 ingredients cost me $5 and will yield baby food for months! I went ahead and bought all of these in their conventional form, since none of them are on the dirty list.

I found that I had to simmer them for a little longer then what the recipe called for, in order for the rice to be tender. Once in the blender I used almost a cup of water to make it into a puree, without it, it was more like a paste. I think this dish would be fantastic with some curry powder or allspice, I think I might add some tomorrow! She loves spices, just like her momma!



 



Lentils with Carrots & Brown Rice
2 cups of water
3/4 cup of red split lentils
1/2 cup peeled and diced carrots
1/4 cup brown rice
pinch of curry powder (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Check on the level of the water and add water as needed. The mix will be finished when the rice is done, the carrots are soft and the lentils have "melted".

Blend the Lentils with carrots and brown rice as needed to create a texture acceptable for your baby. 


No comments:

Post a Comment