Thursday, January 5, 2012

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes, with Almond Milk!

My fiance made these for me a couple of months ago. They were freakin' delicious and totally reaffirmed why I said yes when he asked me to marry him. If you don't feel like mixing, you can buy the pre-packed whole wheat mix, just use almond milk instead of whole milk.

We use a cast iron griddle to make our pancakes, but of course, you can do it on a stove top skillet as well. We had bananas and organic blackberries laying around, so he threw those on top. And of course the syrup, we like the all-natural kind without the high-fructose-corn-syrup. Target sells the "Archer" brand for cheap, seems to be expensive everywhere else. Enjoy!




  • 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon agave nectar
  • 1/2 cup organic blueberries



3 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Im trying those tomorow and post what I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mixture came out much too thick to cook. Og course, i didn't have agave nectar, so I used maple syrup. Maybe that's why?? In any case, I just added more almond milk. The consistency of the pancakes wasn't so great, but they were tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine came out a little too thick as well, but just up the amount of almond milk by a 1/4 cup :) tastes delicioso!

    ReplyDelete